Blog Archive

Pink Birthday Party Ideas



Call me crazy, but when Ella told me she wanted a gymnastics party (Fun for the kids, Easy for the moms), I was a little disappointed. My mind began to race.  "Are you sure you don't want a Fancy Nancy Party or a Pink Princess Tea Party?  Something where mommy has to do a lot of work and get a little bit stressed out?" I asked my almost 7-year old.  OK, so I didn't say the last part, I only thought it. But I love cute theme parties, and since my baby is now 7, I'm holding on to those opportunities for dear life! But Ella would not be swayed.  She wanted a turn on the big swing which only the birthday girls with gymnastics parties get to do.


I decided I could make us both happy by creating a cute and easy theme in the party room.  And since my little Pinkerella loves pink, I went with it!

Here are a few ways I dressed up her otherwise themeless party:

PARTY FAVORS:  Hello Kitty Lunch Boxes.  I snatched these up at Target and Old Navy during the Back to School Sales.  Inside were Hello Kitty Lip Gloss, Hello Kitty Pencils and Pink Party Chex Mix.

DECORATIONS:  Pink Tablecloths, Pink Balloons, Pink Plates and Napkins.  My favorite decorations were these easy sew Birthday Banners made of a mix of sweet pink fabrics.

FOOD: Pink Frosted Cupcakes, "Pink" White Chocolate Popcorn, "Pink" Chex Mix and Marshmallow Pops dipped in white chocolate and Pink Sprinkles.

PRINTABLES:  I used these Free Birthday Printables for Thank You tags on the lunchboxes and a fun greeting in the pink popcorn cups.

Per the request of the moms who attended, I'll post the recipes this week!


I guess you can have your cake and eat it, too!



THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED TO MONDAYSMOUTHWATERING MONDAYSMADE BY YOU MONDAY,MINGLE MONDAY , HOME SAVVY A TO ZTUESDAYSTUESDAYS AND THE TABLE, TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAYTASTY TUESDAYIT’S A BLOG PARTY, TIP JUNKIE ,GET YOUR CRAFT ON, WEDNESDAYSSHOW AND TELL, WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, THIS CHICK COOKSLADY BEHIND THE CURTAINGINGER SNAP CRAFTS,  THURSDAYS IT’S A KEEPER THURSDAYSSTRUT YOUR STUFFFULL PLATE THURSDAYS , CHIC & CRAFTY PARTY, THRIFTY THURSDAYS  FRIDAYSI’M LOVING IT, FOODIE FRIDAYGROCERY CART CHALLENGEFOOD ON FRIDAYSFRIDAY POT LUCK, TATERTOTS AND JELLO,  SWEET TOOTH FRIDAY, FRIDAY FAVORITES,  FUSION FRIDAYS FRIDAY FOOD SATURDAYS:SWEETS FOR A SATURDAY SIX SISTERS STUFF SUNDAYS: NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, AWELL SEASONED LIFE