Blog Archive

The Best Guacamole


Happy Cinco de Mayo! 

Our family loves Mexican food, and today is the perfect excuse to enjoy!  (As if we need a reason!)  I first tasted this version of guacamole many years ago at a Mexican restaurant.  It was made fresh to order.   Although that restaurant is no longer in business, thanks to their table side preparation, I was able to duplicate it at home!

I think it's the surprise of orange that makes this recipe so good.  It's a little sweeter than your traditional lemon or lime.  You can adjust the quantities of any of the ingredients in this recipe to please your personal palate.


My Favorite Guacamole 

2 Haas Avacodos, diced
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup tomato, diced (flesh only)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons diced red onion
1/4 cup rough chopped, loosely packed cilantro
generous pinch (or teaspoon) of kosher or sea salt, to taste 

Mix together and enjoy!




I'm linking up with TidyMom!